Saturday, June 14, 2008

Some cool night shots

Lately I've gotten lucky and was about to shoot some nice nightime photos. I took this one at Holmes Lake as I was driving by on one of my many "mommy taxi" drives. I just happened to catch these two kids fishing by the lake. I love the way everything is silhouetted.








I took this one during a barbecue at some friends recently. This picture not only shows the beautiful Nebraska sunsets, but also reminds me of the relaxing evening we spent roasting marshmallows and chatting.











One evening the full moon was looking pretty cool, so I got out the tripod and set it up on the sidewalk about a block away from our house, where I could get a good look at it. I experimented with several camera settings and finally found one that worked. It's hard to believe this was shot in the middle of the city.

2 comments: