Sunday, January 22, 2012

Recipe: Banana Spice Cake

Here's an easy way to use up those bananas that are getting too ripe.  Keep a box of spice cake mix on hand to use for this. (I try to buy cake mixes when they're on sale)

  • 1 box spice cake mix
  • 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Empty cake mix into bowl. Add baking soda.  Mix the cake according to package directions, except reduce the water by 1/4 cup.  Add mashed bananas. Bake according to package directions. When cake is cool, frost with buttercream or cream cheese frosting.  Makes a nice, moist cake.

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog, visit my blog too. BATIK production of Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This information is some of the best I have found on this topic for me, I really appreciate this point of view and I've found it to be more reliable then some, I will be recommending it to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds delicious! let's try to cook it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came out perfect!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that your cakes are always spectacular! Nice photos, nice cakes ... wonderful!

    cake stand & tableware

    ReplyDelete