Friday, July 4, 2008

A summer walk

Recently the girls and I took a walk on East Campus. We found this little scene next to the tractor museum. (No sarcastic comments about our exciting Nebraska attractions, please.) I just love hollyhocks. They remind me of my childhood, and I'm glad to see more and more of them around town. I thought the colors looked great next to the stucco building and beside the stump.






























Monica had discovered a nature trail there a few weeks ago, and she wanted to show us. I'm continually amazed at the way we discover great hidden places right near our home. It's hard to imagine that this is right in the middle of the city.

1 comment:

  1. I love that last picture of the trail. It looks like the entryway into an enchanted forest!

    ReplyDelete