I thought I'd add some fun quizzes from time to time. The first one deals with things I'm obsessed about that most people aren't familiar with. See how well you do. Hey, it's multiple choice, so you at least have a chance. No peeking in the comments section! Take the quiz first, write down your answers, and check the comments section for the real answers (and a few explanations).
Then share a comment and tell us how you did!
1. What is presented to the last musher to finish the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race?
A. The G. B. Jones Trophy
B. Gold Nuggets
C. The Red Lantern Award
D. A seven-course dinner
2. What was the name of the first baby born on Pitcairn Island?
A. Violent Storm Adams
B. Thursday October Christian
C. Baby Boy Quintal
D. Good Fortune Young
3. What bird do Icelandic children gather in bags at night and then release on the beach in the morning?
A. Arctic terns
4. Which is NOT the name of an Irish dance?
A. Waves of Tory
B. Gates of Derry
C. Winds of Clare
D. Walls of Limerick
5. What are the Geminids?
A. An alien race in Star Trek
B. A belt of asteroids in the Milky Way
C. Equipment on the International Space Station
D. A meteor shower
6. Which one of the following trees has palmately compound leaves?
A. Ohio buckeye
B. Kentucky coffeetree
C. Swamp cypress
D. Silver maple
7. What cough drop has a "mystery cougher" who gives money to people who offer him/her that brand of cough drop?
C. Fisherman's Friend
8. What do you call your first cousin's grandson?
A. First cousin twice removed
B. Second cousin once removed
C. Third cousin
D. Fourth cousin
9. What animal did Bartolomew Perestrello bring to Porto Santo, which caused problems for the settlers?
10. What do geocachers call non-geocachers who might observe them?
A. Special friends
B. The Mafia
Great Big Gift Guide for Creative Girls
2 hours ago